The emergence of direct selling dates back to the mid-19th century. When the first direct selling company Southwestern Publishing House was founded in the USA in 1855, only a few would have realized the possible impact of this business model in the years to come. The MLM industry took a leap of faith; a faith that was insistent on serving the consumers in the best way possible. This industry has evolved towards prioritizing the customers ever since.
Looking at the top performing MLM companies in USA the cosmetics and personal care industries showed appreciable growth. What could have made the difference for these companies? Introducing marketing strategies that please the customers’ point of view can make a difference. An empathetic approach can greatly help MLM businesses to develop their distributor base in a short span of time.
MLM businesses focus on the needs of the customers and deliver them conveniently. The US direct selling industry, being the largest in the world, has seen the highest growth throughout the years. In 2021, the direct selling industry in America witnessed a record high of $42.7 billion in retail sales. The wellness industry showed the most progressive MLM statistics, contributing 36% to the overall direct sales figure.
List of network marketing companies in USA
The below table is a list of the top MLM companies in USA along with their revenue and growth rate.
(in million USD)
(in million USD)
|Growth Rate||Year Founded|
|10||Forever Living Products||2,000||2,310||-13%||1978|
|13||Rodan & Fields||1,575||1,575||0%||2002|
|14||Optavia - Medifast||1,530||935||64%||1980|
|31||It Works! Global||620||620||0%||2001|
|36||IM Mastery Academy||500||450||11%||2013|
|42||Hy Cite Enterprises||423||341||24%||1959|
|44||Thirty One Gifts||410||410||0%||2003|
|45||Total Life Changes||405||405||0%||2003|
|52||Stella & Dot||315||315||0%||2003|
|54||Family Heritage Life||309||309||0%||1989|
Epixel MLM Software
Data updated in January 2023
Source - businessforhome.org
*The above list is subject to market changes and modifications.
Learn how top MLM companies are performing worldwide and get a global perspective.
Most of these top network marketing companies in USA have been in the industry for decades. Amway, Herbalife, Forever Living, Nu Skin, etc are some of the popular names from the list. Essential products such as wellness and personal care, have expanded their base across the country.
Direct selling associations have been making various policies and regulations in the industry, for the betterment of customer experience. The Customer-Centric Recognition program of DSN, which classifies direct selling companies based on their customer-distributor ratio, was one such initiative. It is high time that every MLM company started using their experience and expertise to contribute to a greater customer journey.
Founder: Jay Van Andel & Richard DeVos
CEO: Milind Pant
Products & Services: Health, beauty, and home care products
Top Earners: 168
- Ranked #1 in 2022 DSN Global 100
- Amway Japan received the Distinguished Philanthropy Award from the PM of Japan in 2021
- Amway Nutrilite wins Gold and Silver Stevie awards in the 2019 IBA
Founder: Mark R. Hughes
CEO: Michael O. Johnson
Products & Services: Personal care & wellness, food & beverages, cosmetics
Top Earners: 40
- Ranked #3 in the 2022 DSN Global 100
- Received Excellence in Business Award by DSA for HN Grow mobile learning application
- Recognized as the Most Honored Company in 2022
3. eXp Realty
Founder: Glenn Darrel Sanford & Brian Culhane
CEO: Glenn Sanford
Products & Services: Real estate
Top Earners: 5
- Ranked #5 in 2022 DSN Global 100
- Won the DSN Bravo Growth Award 2022
- Recognized as the No. 1 growth leader among the largest U.S. residential real estate enterprises by T3 Sixty
4. Avon Products
Founder: David H. McConnell
CEO: Angela Cretu
Products & Services: Beauty, household, personal care
Top Earners: 22
- Received the Editor’s Choice Award at the 2022 Global Green Beauty Awards
- Winner of the Woman and Home Clever Skincare Awards 2022
- Product awards in Glamour Best of Beauty 2021
Founder: Arthur L. Williams Jr.
CEO: Glenn J. Williams
Products & Services: Insurance & financial services
Top Earners: 17
- Ranked #7 in 2022 DSN Global 100
- Recognized as Forbes America’s Best Insurance Companies for 2022
- Recognized as the Most Trusted Life Insurance Company by Investor's Business Daily
Founder: Frank L. VanderSloot
CEO: Frank L. VanderSloot
Products & Services: Nutritional, pharmaceutical, personal care, facial care, home hygiene and other wellness products
Top Earners: 56
- Listed as one of Forbes America's Best Midsize Employers 2022
- Receiver of the Idaho Technology Council Hall of Fame Award 2020
- Recognized as Red Cross Corporate Partner Hero 2019
7. Nu Skin
Founder: Blake Roney, Steven Lund, Sandra Tillotson
CEO: Ryan Napierski
Products & Services: Personal care and dietary supplements
Top Earners: 76
- Ranked #8 in 2022 DSN Global 100
- Received awards in four different categories at the Global Beauty and Wellness Awards
- Winner of New Product of the Year at BIG Awards for Business 2022
- Recognized as the World’s #1 brand for beauty device systems for five consecutive years
8. Mary Kay
Founder: Mary Kay Ash
CEO: David Holl
Products & Services: Cosmetics, personal care
Top Earners: 11
- Winner of the Best Companies Prime Employers for Women Gold Award from sHero
- Recognized as one of America’s Best Midsize Employers 2022 by Forbes
- Deloitte recognized Mary Kay as one of the 2022 US Best Managed Companies
9. Young Living
Founder: Donald Gary Young
CEO: Mary Young
Products & Services: Health, oils, personal care, and animal care
Top Earners: 73
- Winner of the 2022 Vision For Tomorrow Award by the Direct Selling Association
- Winner of the 2022 Smith’s Food & Drug and Fox 13 Zero Waste Hero Award
- Winner of the GOLD STEVIE® Company of the Year 2022 Award by International Business Awards
10. Forever Living Products
Founder: Rex Maughan
CEO: Gregg Maughan
Products & Services: Drinks, cosmetics, nutritional supplements, personal care
Top Earners: 20
- Winner of the SITE Crystal Award 2022
Insights on MLM companies in USA
Generate better business outcomes with result-driven direct sales strategies
Attract quality leads in your direct sales business with innovation-led lead generation tools.
Build resourceful teams that communicate and collaborate productively with your direct sales business.
Upskill your distributors with gamified and engagement-driven distributor training sessions.
Expand your brand outreach across various social channels and build fruitful customer relationships.
Convert qualified leads to potential customers with new age prospecting tools and techniques.
Leave your comment
Fill up and remark your valuable comment.